Installing a photovoltaic system on a flat roof Using your own solar power is ideal for commercial businesses For the majority of medium-sized enterprises, solar power self-consumption is ideal because a photovoltaic system produces the most electricity during core working hours – exactly when it is needed. Solar yield Electricity consumption Output (kW) Output (kW) Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday E.g. commercial business: production only on weekdays Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday E.g. commercial business: continuous production Thanks to the coverage of the power production curve and load profile, companies in the commercial sector can often use the majority of their self-generated electricity on site. Production machines, air conditioning units, emergency lighting and electronic data processing run round the clock so there is always demand for electricity. Particularly high self-consumption rates are reached by companies with continuous production, whose electricity consumption rises in the morning, peaks at midday and drops again in the evening or is on the whole considerably higher than the solar power generated. GOOD TO KNOW: Every industry has a characteristic load profile which we can use to accurately predict the selfconsumption rate. Just get in touch. 4
Profit from your previously unused roof area Overview of the benefits you will see with commercial self-consumption: A Reduced electricity bills Thanks to self-consumption, you will need to buy less expensive additional electricity from your supplier. You can therefore relieve the financial burden on your company in the long term and increase competitiveness. A Exploit potential Convert your unused roof areas into production sites. As well as cost savings for self-generated electricity, in many countries a fixed remuneration for the unused electricity is guaranteed. Rooftop system in Ciudad Real, Spain – Nominal power 1.0 MWp A Fixed electricity price You produce your own electricity at a long-term fixed price. The less you need to buy additionally, the more independent you are from your energy supplier, keeping your power supply calculable. A Simpler financing Financing will become much simpler with our comprehensive warranty. Rooftop system in Peer, Belgium – Nominal power 832 kWp Example of beneficial forecast* The annual consumption of the business in the following example is 1100 MWh. The current purchase costs for electricity from the public grid are 17 euro cents per kWh. With self-generated electricity the costs per kWh drop by 7 euro cents to 10 euro cents per kWh. This was calculated with a system of 500 kWp and a self-consumption rate of 70 %. The remaining 30 % of the electricity generated can be fed into the public grid and will be remunerated in many countries. The total saving after 20 years with no electricity price increase is EUR 647,500, or with an electricity price increase of 3 % it is EUR 1,036,500. GOOD TO KNOW: The calculation differs depending on the country-specific values. We will gladly make an individual calculation for you. 1.75 million 1.50 million 1.25 million 1 million Thousand € 750 500 250 0 Operational costs EUR 287,500 Investment costs Photovoltaic system EUR 575,000**** Feed-in tariff: EUR 380,000***** Electricity cost savings from self-consumed solar power EUR 1,130,000** Profitability over 20 years without an electricity price increase*** 1.75 million 1.50 million 1.25 million 1 million Thousand € 750 500 250 0 Operational costs EUR 287,500 Investment costs Photovoltaic system EUR 575,000**** Feed-in tariff: EUR 380,000***** Electricity cost savings from self-consumed solar power EUR 1,519,000** Profitability over 20 years with an electricity price increase (3 % p.a.)*** * The example is based on German data. ** The electricity cost savings is calculated from the system size, the self-consumption rate and the electricity price of the power supply company. *** The exact system yield depends on influencing variables (weather etc.) over the course of the year and can vary. **** Estimated investment: incl. assembly, plus VAT, without maintenance and insurance. ***** Renewable Energy Source Act (EEG) as at: May 2013. EEG tariff for commissioning May 2013. 5
IBC SOLAR AG has been successful for more than 37 years and is amongst the leading international energy companies, which provide high-performance system solutions in every size and for every application with intelligent photovoltaic systems. The economic strength and financial independence is confirmed by globally recognised rating agencies.
Smart Systems for Solar Power thanks to perfectly matched components. More than 1,000 highly qualified partners around the world, as well as more than 3,300 megawatts of installed power and over 160,000 photovoltaic systems all underline the high level of expertise of IBC SOLAR.